Tomorrow has 2 NFL games which means we could see another light CBB Saturday slate. The good news is at most there are only 2 more football Saturdays, but the bad news is that we’re missing out on potentially another big $ spot.
Look for tomorrow’s article to be up by 10am at the latest and the Dashboard/Model should be updated with projections and ratings by 8-9am EST.
Tonight gives us six games, two from the Big 10, two from the A10 and a mix between Akron/Kent State and the boring Fresno State/UNLV game. With this comes teams we do not see that often on DFS slates and neither does DraftKings as the Akron Zips are all priced very poorly.
Davidson at Richmond (-1)
The Spiders being 1 pt favorites at home is nice. Neither team defends well and both teams have solid DFS plays that we like to use when they’re on slates. Guys like Nathan Cayo and Nick Sherod for Richmond could be nice value sleepers in this game, but out of Burton/Gilyard/Golden you’ll get some production from two of them and Gilyard/Burton seem fairly steady to me right now.
Davidson guys are all good value for their prices and should be heavy chalk tonight. Get 2 of them for sure.
- Davidson – F – Hyung-Jung Lee – 6500
- Davidson – G – Michael Jones – 4200
- Richmond – F – Tyler Burton – 7900
- Richmond – G – Jacob Gilyard – 7900
Akron at Kent State (-1.5)
I have watched both of these teams play. It’s not pretty, but then neither is the pricing effort by DraftKings on the Akron roster. They have one player who is above $3,700 today. Yes, that is correct. ONE PLAYER ABOVE 3700!
So I mention this game specifically for that purpose because without a doubt there will be builds focused around 2 or 3 Akron players and honestly when we have four guys below 4000 who are gonna play 25+ minutes we have to pay attention.
- Akron – F – Enrique Freeman – 3400 … Always prefer bigs who are value because just running into a few rebounds hits your floor. He leads the team with a 31% defensive rebounding rate. If he isn’t 100% owned tonight then I am shocked.
- Akron – G – Xavier Castaneda – 5300 … With all the other value here I can see their best player being overlooked. He has 40 pt potential.
- Kent St – G – Sincere Carry – 7300
- Kent St – F – Justyn Hamilton – 6200
$$$ HIGH END
G – Sincere Carry – Kent State – 7300
This is an 8k level player at home against a defense ranked 159th in the nation.
- Tyler Burton – Richmond
- Jacob Gilyard – Richmond
- Kofi Cockburn – Illinois
- Zach Edey – Purdue
$$ MID RANGE
Since there is so much to pick from in the value range it’s gonna be a studs and duds type night in pricing on your roster builds. Some good plays though in this tier.
F – HyungJung Lee – Davidson – 6500
Lee hovers around the 30 ppg mark which gives us a high floor play in a pace boost up spot. He is one of the better rebounders on the team who will also attempt a high volume of 3 pointers.
- Eli Brooks – Michigan
- Luka Brajkovic – Davidson
- Alfonso Plummer – Illinois … It was Frazier who went off on Tuesday night, so I will go back to the Plummer well here against Michigan.
- Justyn Hamilton – Kent State
- Derrick Walker – Nebraska
$ VALUE RANGE
F – Enrique freeman – Akron – 3400
As I mentioned above, he leads the Zips in rebounding rates and should see 26+ minutes of action.
- Akron guys … Trimble, Ali Ali, Castaneda, Dawson, Tribble
- Foster Loyer – Davidson
- Nathan Cayo – Richmond
Jaden Ivey – Purdue
The Boilermakers have been a little sluggish lately but draw Nebraska tonight at home and the trend in Big 10 is that the dogs are covering the lines. So even though it’s a 20 point spread we should still see Purdue leave their guys in to hammer this one away. It was between Ivey and Kyle Lofton of St. Bonnies for the Onions play today, but I trust Purdue in the pace against Nebraska more than the Vcu/St. Bonnies game.
Kent State -1.5
VCU/St. Bonnies UNDER 131