Had a decent week last week. Posted my results in Discord. My last couple of weeks could have been awesome had my guys performed better on Sunday. But that’s PGA DFS – it’s a four-day sweat!
I’m playing light again this week. I just can’t load up during this time of year. I probably should because I think there are fewer players, but the MME players are, I think, also using this time to build bankrolls so I’m trying not to help them.
Highlights: Memorial Park Golf Course – Par 70 @ 7,400 yards; Municipal course but doesn’t play like a muni. Bermuda greens that are pretty quick and will get faster if the wind dries it out; fairways are relatively wide; Wind in Texas is like stupidity in D. C. You hope you don’t get it, but it always seems to show up.
NOTE: All pricing is based on DraftKings
** are my favorites in each category – could be pricing or the fact I think they play best.
$9,000 and Above
- Scottie Scheffler ($11,500)** – Texas boy and the obvious choice. I’m going to state that he and Sam Burns will be my favorites, but you only need one and likely can’t get both unless you plan on going into the weekend with 2/6.
- Sam Burns ($10,700)** – this is an either/or, not both. I like burns to save $800 but that’s only saving you $160 per golfer so don’t get too excited.
- Taylor Montgomery ($9,700) – Last five events: T10-T13-T15-T9-3rd!
- Maverick McNealy ($9,400) – Last four events: T10-T18-T12-T10! At Memorial Park? T19 and T20.
There are several others to consider here and, frankly, it’s a week where you need someone up here. Others that I will consider: Aaron Wise ($9,900); Jason Day ($9,500); and Emiliano Grillo ($9,100).
GUT FEELING: Jason Day plays like the old Jason Day!
$7,500 to $8,900
- Mackenzie Hughes ($7,700)** – He’s been Top 25 in his last three events and had a T7 here in 2021.
- Patrick Rodgers ($7,800) – Missed the cut in his only appearance here but he’s made his last five cuts and I’ve been playing him the last couple of weeks as a low-cost/high-reward play. It’s paid off so I’m sticking with it.
- Will Gordon ($7,700)** – as you can see, I’m not liking the high end of this range as much. I just like the lower end better and staying in the $7K range helps get another guy or two at the top.
- Andrew Putnam ($8,600) – made his last seven cuts with two Top 15s. I’m just not loving it as much as the lower end guys.
$7,000 to $7,400
- Justin Lower ($7,400)** – I really like this newcomer. Three of his five events in the last two months have been Top 20 (with two of those being Top 10)
- Sepp Straka ($7,400) – he’s been a little hit-or-miss as of late, but he had a 2nd place finish at Sanderson Farms so, we know he can finish high. At this price, a Top 10 would be a home run!
- Seonghyeon Kim ($7,100) – he’s missed two cuts in a row so I’m not as strong on him this week, but I’ll take the upside possibility at this price.
- Adam Long ($7,400)** – T11 in both appearances here. Hoping this is a rebound from the missed cut last week.
- I really like Greyson Sigg at $7,400, but he withdrew for some reason. Hey, at least he didn’t wait until after lock.
- Chesson Hadley ($6,900)** – Two made cuts in a row. I think he’s a far better player and chance to make the cut than this price reflects.
- Ben Griffin ($6,800)** – making cuts right now and that is what you need down here. A tie for 3rd a couple of weeks ago also shows the upside potential.
- Scott Piercy ($6,600) – Course history only!
- David Lingmerth ($6,600) – What can I say? I needed a guy at this price with a Scheffler-Henley lineup and his last two weeks have been T8 and T11.
Ask questions on Discord if you have them. Make sure to tag me so I don’t miss it!