We will cover NHL DFS for the opening round of the playoffs when there are four games on a slate. If you want to join the DailyAmbush bracket challenge you can do so here: https://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/en/league/77464
Here are my series predictions
- Bruins over Panthers in 6. Florida will give them a quick scare with a G2 win in Boston but Boston takes games 3 and 6 on the road to close this out.
- Leafs over Lightning in 5. Yes, the Leafs finally do it.
- Islanders over Hurricanes in 6 or 7. Sorokin is going to steal this one
- Rangers over Devils in 7. Winner of this series is gonna cruise past Isles and I think can make the Stanley Cup Finals
- Kraken over Avalanche. All the lines on this one are too tough to back the Avs and if their Defensemen aren’t right they won’t win this series.
- Stars over Wild in 7. Lots of overtimes here.
- Vegas over Winnipeg in 6
- Oilers over Kings in 7.
Stanley Cup Finals
- Knights over Rangers
Tonight kicks off the Islanders/Hurricanes, Panthers/Bruins, Kings/Oilers and Wild/Stars series and in the playoffs I have usually had the most success with lineup construction that centers around ONE key 3-4 man team stack and then one offs from the other games. Obviously scoring isn’t as high in the playoffs and PP chances aren’t as great either so getting a full tic-tac-toe 3 man goal stack isn’t as common of a winning formula.
Danault, Arvidsson, Moore
Some value here and a game which no doubt is worth looking at first for scoring. Expect Arvy to score.
Hintz, Pavelski, Robertson
I’m tossing back and forth if I want more Dallas or Minnesota but pace is something I expect to be good in this series and Robertson or Kaprizov (MIN) are my top wingers overall today.
Assuming Bergeron is OUT for the Bruins, we have a ton of value with their centers since they are at home and can dictate who avoids Barkov. Zach and Krejci are both cheap and Krejci is on PP1, so I lean him, especially since he’ll skate with Pastrnak.
- David Krejci
- Connor McDavid
- Roope Hintz
- Phillip Danault
- Sebastian Aho
- Jason Robertson
- Kirill Kaprizov
- Victor Arvidsson
- Zach Hyman
- Seth Jarvis
- Anders Lee
- Matt Boldy
- Charlie McAvoy … Bostons gonna need their D to have a big game tonight. Gotta have one of their top D men.
- Darnell Nurse
- Noah Dobson
- Miro Heiskanen
- Jonas Brodin
LINE LOCK(S) OF THE NIGHT:
Danault Arvidsson Moore (Kings)
FAVORITE ONE OFF STUD FORWARDS:
FAVORITE ONE OFF VALUE:
FAVORITE ONE OFF DEFENSEMAN: