Weak field, beautiful setting! Not uncommon this time of year!
$10,000 and Above
- Matthew Fitzpatrick ($11,000) – coming off a win in Europe
- Mito Pereira ($10,500)
- Patrick Reed ($10,400) – good time to “get right”
- Christiaan Bezuidenhout ($10,700) – this guy is a great player that is making cuts left and right. No recent events on the PGA Tour but 4 Top 20s in his last 5 worldwide events – including 3 Top 10s!
Note: I started breaking this Tier down a little further for one reason and one reason only. Everyone thinks that it is a “must have” to win a contest (or at least cash). It’s not! You really need a Top 10 from these guys (and preferably a Top 5) to validate what you have to give up as far as value on your remaining picks. Seriously, your average “per golfer” is below $8K if you start with any of these guys.
$9,000 to $9,900
- Hayden Buckley ($9,900) – Korn Ferry Tour graduate that started with a missed cut at Fortinet. Followed that up with a T4 and a T8. I think this guy will be someone we are playing a lot in 2022 after his price falls into the mid-$8K range as it should. That is, unless he starts winning!
- Adam Hadwin ($9,400) – Starting to look like himself again
- Taylor Pendrith ($9,100) – another new name. Canadian and making cuts!
$7,500 to $8,900
- Sahith Theegala ($8,800) – Nice looking young player. Missed the cut at Shriners, but had 3 Top 10s in his last 4 events prior to that. Should be a cheaper player during the main part of the season.
- Russell Knox ($7,700) – Missed cut at Shriners. However, he has a played both times here and has a T16 and a T11.
$7,400 and Under
- Brian Gay ($7,100) – missed both cuts in events entered this season, but has a Win and a T3 at this course. Sometimes you just have to play course history instead of current form. Given the field and the choices, this is a good week for that.
- Harry Hall ($7,200) – this is a “Sleeper Pick” according to the PGA app “Power Rankings” this week. T8 at Shriners! Worth a shot at this price.
NO FADES THIS WEEK! TOO WEAK OF A FIELD!!